Comprehensive Eye CareComplete eye exams for every age.
Why schedule your next eye exam in Richmond, VA with us?
Because We Provide Diagnosis and Treatment of:
Glaucoma, Cataracts, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Eye Disease, Dry Eye, Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye and Infections), Corneal Abrasions, Seasonal Allergic Eye Problems and Eye Injuries, among other eye problems.
Regardless of your age or physical health, it’s important to have regular eye exams. During a comprehensive eye exam, Dr. Droter & Dr. Paschal will not only determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses, but they will also check your eyes for ocular diseases, assess how your eyes work together as a team, and evaluate your eyes as an indicator of your overall health.
As optometric technology changes, it is even more important to select an eye doctor who has all the right optometry qualifications and follows the latest developments in eye care. Dr. Droter & Dr. Paschal, our optometrists in Richmond, VA, make it a policy to ensure that all staff members are up-to-date on the latest technology and techniques to make your visit as effective and comfortable as possible.
Utilizing cutting edge technology they are able to diagnose and manage diseases inlcuding glaucoma, macular degeneration and cataracts. Earlier and more precise diagnosis means earlier treatment and better outcomes for our patients.
Our full range of vision care services include eye examinations for children and adults, fitting of all types of contact lenses, and co-management of laser and cataract surgery.
The visual system is a delicate and complex part of the human anatomy. All parts of the eye and many parts of the overall body affect your ability to see. In our comprehensive eye exam, the health of your eyes is evaluated from cornea to retina.
You will find that your eye exam is a pleasant and interesting experience. Based on modern optometric techniques, the examination consists not of a single test but a series of tests, all of which are integrated with each other. The examination is divided into four sections:
1. A series of tests designed to determine whether your eyes are healthy and free from disease. We complete a thorough check for certain diseases that manifest themselves in the eye.
2. A number of objective tests are conducted, enabling us to observe and measure your eyes without your active participation. These tests also enable us to accurately examine small children and toddlers.
3. Next, a number of subjective tests are conducted with your active participation. We will ask you a number of questions and expect you to answer them as well as you can.
4. Additional tests will be performed to assess the muscular balance of your eyes, how well your eyes work as a team, and how well your eyes focus.
Ridgefield Vision Center in Richmond, VA caters to the individual needs of each patient with well trained staff members who provide personalized attention. We do much more than just check your vision and provide you with eyeglasses. We provide comprehensive eye care and full treatment and management of eye conditions in order to ensure internal and external eye health and correct vision. We find that our extensive use of technology and highly trained staff allows the doctors at Ridgefield Vision Center to spend more one-on-one time with our patients.
You will find that your eye examination is a pleasant and interesting experience. Based on modern optometric techniques, the examination consists of a series of tests integrated with each other that allow us to observe and measure your eyes with your active participation. Additional tests will be performed to assess the muscular balance of your eyes; how well your eyes work as a team, and how well your eyes focus.
What you should expect in our comprehensive eye exams:
- Vision evaluation
- Testing for glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and other retinal diseases or disorders
- Screening for diabetes, high blood pressure, and other systemic health conditions
- Tests of your peripheral vision, intraocular pressure, and eye health
Our full range of vision services includes eye exams for children and adults, contact lens fitting of all types, and co-management of laser and cataract surgery.